Join One of the top Heart Institute in North Carolina!
We are seeking a Board Certified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to assist with acute patient care in the Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit.
• Join a team of 10 NP/PA providers
• Perform histories and physical examinations
• Ongoing patient assessments
• Participate in daily patient rounds with physicians
• Facilitate pre-operative and post-operative patient care
• Assist in the operating room as needed
• Cardiac surgery team consists of nine cardiac surgeons
• Surgical volumes average 1,000 pump cases a year
• 12-hour shifts
• Graduate from a PA or Acute Care NP program approved by the NC Board of Medical Examiners or NC Joint Subcommittee
• PA’s must have board approval to practice medical acts
• NP’s must be licensed as a RN
• Cardiac surgery experience or ICU experience as PA or NP
Our client, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Our client Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 871-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. 85,000) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I Conference USA- football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses
Malpractice (with tail)
Back To The Search Results
Start New Search
APPLY TO THIS JOB