The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) Administrative Director (AD) for the Moores Cancer Center reports directly to the CTO Director/Senior Deputy Director of Clinical Science, Dr. Razelle Kurzrock. As Administrative Director for the CTO, the AD will serve as the senior administrative leader of the CTO with leadership and management authority for all administrative, operational, financial, negotiations, compliance, regulatory affairs, and personnel business matters. Responsible for space, staff and financial planning to ensure a robust clinical trials infrastructure and service-oriented Clinical Trials Office. The AD promotes new clinical trials and guides direction with industry and cooperative groups, works collaboratively with outside affiliates, represents the CTO both internally and externally, and identifies barriers to successful clinical trials execution and fosters approaches toward reducing barriers. Additionally, the position leads strategic planning efforts to ensure the CTO keeps pace with planned growth in MCC, oversees successful project management, and provides overall supervision, mentorship, and training to 60 project managers and staff members.
- Masters degree in public health, business management, or other related field and minimum five(5) years of relevant years or equivalent combinations of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated management experience in a large complex clinical environment with proven ability to analyze, interpret and apply management principles, practices and techniques in the conduct of business. Experience in assessing and developing programs to meet department expansions due to new developments.
- Demonstrated experience with biotechnology companies and clinical trials. Extensive knowledge of and experience with clinical trials reimbursement and collection processes. Demonstrated experience in reviewing, composing, and operationalizing contracts and other arrangements for clinical trials.
- Strong organization, complex problem solving, negotiation and decision making skills with expertise in clarifying and resolving conflict situations and developing attainable solutions. Proven advanced analytical, business, and statistical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of government regulations and compliance issues regarding clinical research and protection of human subjects and compliance with special regulations for academic institutions. In-depth knowledge of University, FDA, HCFA, and state/federal billing compliance policies/procedures.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management, strategic planning, supervisory, and consensus building skills. Working knowledge and ability to apply effective management skills principle and practices to successfully administer and lead a large and complex clinical trials unit.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the preparation and review of the clinical research/clinical trial budget preparation and negotiation of project managers to ensure appropriate resource allocation and cost accounting standards for clinical trials.
- Demonstrated experience of expense accounting related to clinical trials in order to avoid deficits associated with physician effort spent on clinical trials but not expensed in study agreements.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry negotiating strategies and contract law. This includes the promotion, negotiation and execution of industry sponsored contracts and budget preparation.
- Proficient computer skills in utilizing web-based technology, MS Word, database and Excel.
- Background and theoretical knowledge in a biological science.
UC San Diego Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
UC San Diego Health System - 5 months ago
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...