Reports to the manager, career technical training. Responsible for the facilitation and coordination of center needs as determined by center management into a comprehensive annual career technical skills training (CTST) training plan with cooperative input of designated vocational instructors in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Supervise and/or initiate all requisitioning of CTST training materials for submission to the center purchasing department.
2. Ensure that all reporting forms required are compiled and filed in accordance with DOL requirements.
3. Hold weekly CTST meetings with instructors to coordinate ongoing projects, plan new projects and review problems that affect the CTST program; inform the manager, vocational training of needed action.
4. Serve as counsel to the center director on the feasibility of projects as they relate to the center and to the CTST trades; develop long range goals objectives.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Monitor all CTST activities to ensure compliance with DOL regulations.
7. Develop and ensure adherence to center’s CTST plan.
8. Coordinate activities, plans and projects with national training contractors, instructors and coordinators.
9. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
10. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
11. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
12. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions
13. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree and two years of construction related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.