Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company that is the leading operator of Job Corps centers in the United States.
Job Corps is a national residential training and employment program administered by the Department of Labor to address the multiple barriers to employment faced by disadvantaged youth throughout the United States. At Denison Job Corps Center , we support the Job Corps program's mission of teaching eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and placing them in meaningful jobs or further education.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
CAREER TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR - HEALTH FIELD - SUBSTITUTE
This position is responsible for providing career technical instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula in compliance with government and management directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Provide basic and higher level technical reading, writing, and applied math instruction and assessment.
- Provide explicit instruction in study skills and employment readiness by motivation and counseling students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems and/or study habits.
- Provide instruction in technical knowledge and skills for the assigned career training program, including the use of project based learning when applicable.
- Independently and collaboratively develop and prepare lessons plans utilizing evidence-based teaching and learning strategies.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Model appropriate behaviors, mentor students where necessary and monitor both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
Certification or degree in teaching area or commensurate work experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Unless waived by management a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 16 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...