(Applicants must have experience in Medical Office Support)
Reports to the designated manager, career & technical training. Responsible for providing career technical training and basic direction to students in accordance with approved curricula and in
Compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC)
1. Provide students with quality career & technical student training (CTST) instruction in a safe and clean environment which results in high completion and placement performance.
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with counselors and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
3. Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
4. Participate on student evaluation panels.
5. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports; frequently update. Individual student progress on training achievement records (TARS).
6. Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
7. As applicable, assist in the planning and implementation of CTST projects; provide supervision of enrollees assigned to CTST projects or other center vocational projects.
8. Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career prepartion program and provide feedback to staff.
9. Assist in developing community linkages and work-based learning (WBL) sites for the vocational department.
10. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
11. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
12. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
13. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors,mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
14. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
To be considered for this position applicants must be a certified Medical Office Assistant
Management & Training Corporation - 11 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...