Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 7% in reading among all New York schools. 100% of all scholars passed the 2013 science exam with 99% earning the highest possible rating. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child. Chess, art, and other specialized subjects bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are currently seeking a CTT Special Education Teacher to address student needs in a variety of areas. Our CTT Special Education Teacher will co-teach with a general education Teacher in an inclusion classroom and differentiate instruction for students with special needs.
At Success Academy, you are not a “classroom” teacher, you are a school teacher, and are held accountable for the results and progress of our scholars as a whole, beyond your classroom.
Our Elementary School CTT Special Education Teacher will…
- Be a part of a highly motivated team committed to education reform, educational choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
- Assist colleagues in understanding various student disabilities and the appropriate academic and behavioral modifications.
- Prepare student individualized education plans in consultation with staff and families to ensure success for all scholars.
- Engage students through curriculum that reinforces the fun of learning and enables struggling students to thrive.
- Receive routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team and faculty.
- Teach in classrooms filled with resources and technology.
- Join a ground-breaking faculty of teachers who collaborate regularly with a team and leadership.
Our ideal Elementary School CTT Special Education Teacher will have full-time classroom experience and a demonstrated track record of propelling student academic growth. Our ideal candidate will have extraordinarily high expectations for all scholars and believe deeply that scholars with disabilities are just as capable as general education students. The candidate will have experience partnering and collaborating with a fellow colleague in instruction and classroom management. A Bachelor’s Degree and Special Education NYS Certification are required. (Applicants with out-of-state Special Education certification will be considered, but if hired s/he must complete the reciprocity process before the start of the school year.)
Demonstrated competencies in the following areas are a must:
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Accountability and Data Driven . Proven record of achievement as evidenced by student work, learning, and data.
- Stamina . Ability to handle the intensity required to work in a high-performing charter school, and remain organized, punctual, and reliable under pressure.
- Management . Ability to manage the behavior in a classroom of 25+ scholars.
- Self-Reflection . Ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement.
- Preparation . Ability to study curriculum and do the intellectual work needed to deliver instruction at a high level.
- Dedication to Mission . A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools. Ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction is delivered to every scholar, ever day.
- Deadline and Detail Driven . Ability to think critically about the details of a task at hand and backwards plan in order to meet project timelines set by leadership.
- Flexibility . A team player that is not deterred by a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Team Player . Willingness to work with others and respond constructively to feedback.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Eagerness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization . Constant desire to improve one’s practice.
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Elementary School CTT Special Education Teacher at Success Academy.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Success Academy Charter Schools - 9 months ago
Join the Success Academy Movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State...