The Department of Sports Facilities is responsible for the management of all sports facilities at Montana State University including the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse, Bobcat Stadium, Hoseaus Fitness Center, Shroyer Gymnasium, Bobcat Track Complex and the outdoor athletic fields. These facilities are multi-purpose and meet the varied needs of the campus and the community. The department provides services for Athletics, Recreational Sports and Fitness, and Health and Human Development, as well as hosting many events/concerts that come to campus.
Under minimal supervision of the Director of Operations, this is a working supervisory position responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of MSU’s sports facilities (Bobcat Stadium, Brick Breeden Fieldhouse, Marga Hoseaus Fitness Center (HFC), Shroyer Gym, Bobcat Track Complex and outdoor athletic fields). As a member of the Sports Facilities management team duties include: on-site supervision and coordination of custodial staff (full time and temporary) and equipment; general equipment maintenance; inventory control; purchasing of equipment and cleaning products; training of all new employees; implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures; positive and cheerful customer service; and other duties in support of the department.
1. High School graduate (or G.E.D.) plus three years of commercial or institutional custodial experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
2. Demonstrated experience working as a supervisor or lead worker.
3. Demonstrated experience with custodial equipment and commercial cleaning products and chemicals. Please include any certifications you have.
4. Describe your experience providing excellent customer service to a variety of individuals. Please list specific examples of clientele and service provided.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of safety procedures utilized in a custodial position including any certifications or classes you have completed.
1. Graveyard/nighttime shift experience.
2. Experience enforcing building and security regulations.
3. Experience with special event preparations and/or clean up.
4. Experience providing training to others.
5. Experience with inventory control.
The successful candidate will also have the following abilities : work effectively with minimal supervision; effectively and efficiently perform the above duties listed and operate work related equipment; exhibit effective skills working independently or in a team environment; exhibit effective interpersonal and communication skills; exercise good judgment and make consistent decisions; basic research capabilities; be self-motivated, flexible and adapt to changing priorities; successfully organize and prioritize daily duties; accurately follow and explain standard instructions and procedures; establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and the public; represent the department to others in a professional and courteous manner.
1. In accordance with MSU policy, hiring will be conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
2. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and move items such as stacking chairs, folding tables, setting up portable stages, carrying floor sealer, etc up and down stairs.
3. Must be able to walk up and down stairs; go up and down step ladder; stand for extended periods of time; and grip handles on cleaning equipment.
4. Will have exposure to cleaning solutions.
5. Will work outside and in inclement weather.
6. Work consecutive days, long hours and holidays as needed.
**Shift is normally Sunday - Thursday, 4:00pm to 12:30am. Must be able to substitute for other daytime/graveyard/nighttime shifts as the department event scheduled changes.
Screening of applications will begin after 5pm on July 16, 2013, and will continue until a suitable candidate is hired.
To apply, please submit the following application materials:
The MSU Application Cover Sheet. Download the MSU Application Cover Sheet and pertinent application information by clicking here MSU Classified Employment Application .
Written responses to the Required and Preferred qualifications listed above.
Employment History or Resume
At least three (3) supervisory/professional references with contact information (most recent/current supervisor preferred).
Electronic submissions in Word or PDF are highly preferred but hard copies will be accepted. An original signature on the MSU Application Cover Sheet is required via scanned PDF, fax, or hardcopy original to the address below. Submit materials to:
Kerri Marx Montana State University Auxiliary Services - Miller Dining Hall PO Box 172080 Bozeman, MT 59717-2080 Please e-mail or call Search Committee Contact at 406-994-6468 with any questions. Fax: 406-994-6488
Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate and...