CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER
This position reports to a Director or Sales Manager with the primary responsibility to serve as main customer interface, satisfy customer requirements and increase business to existing or new accounts.
- Daily interface with customer regarding routine requests and/or issues.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Develop and maintain multi-level customer relationships.
- Facilitate engineering support for application of products, capabilities and competencies.
- Performs monthly and yearly sales forecasting tasks.
- Facilitate non-forecasted requests with production planning group.
- Oversee product and service warranties to ensure customer/product resolution.
- Manages accounts receivables.
- Perform account reviews (internal and external).
- Participates in strategic account plans.
- Creates awareness of potential business at risk.
- Oversees compliance to regulatory or customer specific requirements (i.e., import/export, licenses, proprietary information, FAA, IC, etc.).
- Ensures customer documentation is distributed and retained.
- Travel to customer site as needed.
- Identify opportunities and/or participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for meeting margin and growth targets with assigned accounts.
- Manage proposal efforts for applications of existing products, larger derivatives and smaller scoped new development programs.
- Establish proposal pricing strategies and cost targets.
- Negotiate contracts, agreements, terms and conditions.
- Gathers and communicates market intelligence.
- Oversees customer directed (derivative) development programs.
- Ensures internal communication/cooperation is achieved.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- May participate in international account teams.
- This job may be required to be performed at the customer site on an ongoing basis that may require the essential and other functions to be limited or expanded dependent upon the customer account.
- Attend industry conferences and tradeshows.
- May be responsible for establishing strategic account plans.
- Coordinate potential sales opportunities with other Woodward business centers.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Computer, phone, Intranet, Internet, fax, scanner, miscellaneous office equipment.
- Work is mainly performed in a general office environment, however, the job will require interaction with other departments and movement throughout the facilities with exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust and elevated temperatures.
- Significant travel may be required.
Education or Formal Training:
- General knowledge of engineering principals; mechanical/electrical/controls as applicable.
- Prime mover principals and applications.
- Woodward product knowledge.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment and across functional groups.
- Solid knowledge of commercial principles; cost, pricing, volume discounts, payment.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- Able to multi-task with some supervision, good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate basic contract pricing, terms and conditions.
- Basic understanding of business financial analysis.
- Bachelors of Science in technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Other advanced sales/technical training.
- Minimum 2 years experience in commercial role or extensive Woodward product knowledge and demonstrated ability to interface with customers.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in related industry.
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO - USA. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1st Shift / Day Job
Woodward Governor Company designs, manufactures, and services energy control systems and components for commercial and military aircraft,...