For a realistic job preview, watch what TDS Customer Repair Advisors do and what it's like to work at TDS!
***Must have flexibility to work weekends. Schedules are consistent and do not change weekly once assigned a shift.***
Locations: This position can be located in Madison, WI or Monroe, WI.
Exceptional Customer Service - that's TDS! At TDS, we are committed to our customers and employees. Our foundation of service, integrity, and development are all part of our mission. Enjoy being the problem solver, and providing unmatched high-quality products and services
TDS® is looking for exceptional Customer Repair Advisors (aka Help Desk Advisors) to provide support to TDS customers. Help Desk Advisors are the first contact for residential and small business customers to resolve DSL service repair/installation, video, voice, and dial-up Internet connectivity issues. Our customers need us at all times, so you must be willing to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Assist customers with dial-up configurations and settings related to Personal Web Space via FTP.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in order to exceed customers' expectations and to minimize escalations by taking ownership of customer reported issues.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer troubles in the most expeditious manner, thus achieving our service level requirements.
- Interface between customers and technicians by effectively gathering the required information from customers via scripts and troubleshooting experience and documenting them in a trouble ticket.
- Answer calls in a 'Call Center' environment, generating trouble tickets and updating tickets, as needed, until the issue is resolved.
- Technical certification (or higher) OR 6+ months experience in computers and/or Internet technologies.
- 6+ months customer service, help desk, or call center experience.
- 1+ year(s) experience using a PC.
- Willing to follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers' needs.
- Preferred Associate Degree in Computer related field.
- Understanding of the telecommunication industry.
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services.
- Some experience with sales techniques.
- Problem solving skills (i.e. customer complaint handling, problem identification, escalations).
- Experience with (but not limited to) ACD, trouble ticketing systems, software skills in business applications, such as spreadsheets, database applications and word documents.
- Ability to adhere to schedule.
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. To view all of our benefits, please visit our Benefits page.
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.
TDS - 8 months ago
TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®) is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S. Headquartered in Madison, Wis....