Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Provide customer support by analyzing, processing and responding to customer and sales team inquires.
Process orders and inquiries as needed, including those received via phone, fax and email. Process returns, answer inbound.outbound phone calls.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
Perform order data entry, process returns and all others task as it relates to department operating systems. Product availability call monitoring, reporting and is assigned progressively challenging tasks and projects to promote personal development. Process all customer orders received via phone, fax, email or EDI accurately and promptly upon receipt. Customer data must be validated at time of order for pricing, terms, exceptions, and any special shipping requirements. If appropriate for CSR business unit, orders with products requiring certification must also be validated. Orders must be processed from entry through shipment and invoicing.
CSR ensures that all customer queries, (internal and external) on product quality, availability, and substitutions, inventory and order status, pricing, billing, invoices and traffic carrier concerns are resolved satisfactorily. Updates training records, coordinates work schedules and responsible for various other tasks as it relates to ensuring orders are shipped and billed in a timely y manner.
Advise customers on product availability and inventory status. • Assist the sales team with account inquiries and problems involving product quality, traffic carrier concerns, product availability, pricing and billing.
Responds to all customer complaints immediately and notify all relevant parties. Escalate as needed.• Maintain customer account information, assuring efficient billing and maintenance of all related paperwork.
Monitors compliance of department documents, policies and procedures with regulations, by ensuring that required training and/or documentation is accurate, complete, correct revisions are in use, policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, and training records are maintained and controlled according to validated procedures.
Interacts with internal and external customers (sales, all support staff, doctor offices, distributors, vendors, suppliers, contractors, consultants, regulatory agencies or legal representatives), by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures, to ensure operations are in compliance, promote positive business relationships and ensure that company interests are represented.
Oversees work area activities by providing support to CSR personnel (e.g. daily inspections, trouble-shooting, work priorities and assists with formulating corrective actions), to ensure the timely effective completion of tasks and alignment of area and company goals and objectives.
Provide recommendation and alternatives on organizational improvements to facilitate cost reduction and improve business processes.
- Provide outstanding customer support by analyzing, processing and responding to customer and sales team needs.
- Process orders and inquiries as needed, including those received via fax and email.
- Promote our products through effective sales support and ongoing relationships with customers.
- Advise customers on product availability and inventory status.
- Assist the sales team with account inquiries and problems involving product quality, traffic carrier concerns, product availability, pricing and billing.
- Maintain customer account information, assuring efficient billing and maintenance of all related paperwork.
- Assist with team initiatives as required.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Works with cross-functional account receivables,sales, master data, marketing, sales operations, product development teams and diverse departments at Santa Ana, AMO manufacturing sites globally and various regional offices. Assists sales force with customer account inquires and problems involving order entry, product availability, pricing, billing, transportation.
Works under general supervision. Requires limited supervision on standard issues, and limited/detailed instructions on new assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Provides direction and guidance to predominantly nonexempt and entry level exempt personnel; evaluates performance and assists in career development planning for subordinates; often responsible for a local functional or process activity.
Promotes department goals by selecting, motivating and training staff. Leads the activities of assigned staff by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving department objectives. Schedules human and material resources within department or section in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure their availability. Generally makes day-to-day decision within established policies, procedures and guidelines.
Basic keyboarding skills and computer knowledge of Microsoft Office professional, Word and Excel. Knowledge and experience with SAP, SOX 404 and ISO Standards is a plus. 1-2 years of related customer service work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience in GMP/ISO environment pertaining to drugs/medical devices, preferred.
- Assists with the development of process improvements to promote continuous business excellence programs; investigates and solves basic problems that impact work processes and personnel within a unit or department.
- Experience in customer service team environment, knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office software-Word, Excel and others.
- Knowledge and experience in medical device product, team-building, training and development and process improvement concepts.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. Ability to work cross-functionally, with customer driven focus and sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to write and express ideas clearly; plan and prioritize work
- Ability to develop effective rapport with other teams and departments
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, have a keen attention to detail, able to meet deadlines, problem solve efficiently, strong ability to multi-task and time management skills.
- Work with minimal supervision while exercising good judgment and displaying effective work habits.
- English, bilingual skills a plus
- Strong typing skills are preferred.
- Ability to maintain a positive professional attitude. Demonstrate keen attention to detail and a conscientious and professional work approach. Must be willing to work in a fast paced, critical situation environment and have the ability to solve problems with a sense of urgency. Telecommunications experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), and organizational skills. Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent phone skills. Capable of meeting deadlines and prioritizing multiple tasks, and work well under pressure.
High School degree or equivalent experience required.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
SUPPLY CHAIN & MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
- 2 years ago - save job