American Tire is a growing company with over 3,400 employees throughout the United States. We continue to expand and the acquisitions and new operations continue to enhance our ability to offer the most complete selection of tires, wheels and related products and value-added service across America to independent tire retailers.
PURPOSE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPRESENTATIVE
The primary responsibility is to solicit new business and service existing customers via telephone sales. Customer service representative is also responsible for customer problem resolution.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to efficiently serve customers
- Research, plan and implement sales, customer retention and new business development
- Provide consultation service to customers by answering, handling and resolving customer questions, requests, issues, complaints, etc. for an assigned market
- Communicate customer issues and feedback to appropriate individuals using established communication channels
- Maintain knowledge of competitor’s pricing, policies and market strategy to effectively deal with business competition
- Champion corporate image and reputation and protect and develop the Company brand by providing customers with suitable promotional activities as directed
- Assist with product inventories as directed
- Education : High school diploma or GED
- Experience : At least one year of tire experience required. Prefer at least one year of experience in customer service. A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in the Agricultural and Commercial tire industry is preferred. Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic business math
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, tools and equipment (including technology) used in distribution operations
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
American Tire Distributors offers a competitive salary and benefits. The Company maintains a two-tiered group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare, dental and vision coverage. Employees that participate in the Company’s wellness program are eligible for free health care coverage. A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after one year of service including matching contributions of $.50 on each dollar up to a total of 6% of gross earnings. Also covered for employees is short-term disability and life insurance coverage, additional coverage for both long-term disability and life insurance is available for purchase. Employees are eligible for employee purchases of company inventory at a discount – tires, wheels, etc... Vacation and sick days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
American Tire Distributors - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Concerned about that upcoming "re-tire-ment"? Discount Tire, one of the largest independent tire dealers in the US, can provide...