Serve as point of contact for customers and Yard managers in completing transactions executed at our Retail Yard facilities. Purchase incoming metals, record weights and/or coordinate the shipping and receiving of trucks. Assist in daily inventory counts, maintain and account for receipts of incoming loads and outgoing shipments.
An employee in this position must be able to perform the essential job functions listed below with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company will make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability to enable the qualified individual to perform essential job functions.
• Weigh and record trucks in and out, using computer or other scale equipment. Prepare driver's paperwork and invoice. Set up new accounts and place orders.
• Organize, verify and process Bills of Lading according to company standards.
• Enforce and contact correct personnel in radiation procedures; assist with resolving radiation issues.
• Assist with coordination of shipping and receiving of trucks.
• Answer, screen, and direct incoming calls; provide direct communication with drivers and yard personnel ensuring outstanding customer service.
• Maintain cash and check procedures, incoming mail and deliveries, open and close procedures, and process paperwork/reports as needed.
• Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 1-3 years office or administrative related experience required
• Associate's degree in Business or related field preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Experience with accounting software
• Ability to multi-task
• Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Physical Demands:
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position extended periods of time and be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
o Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer and must have the ability to use hands to handle, control or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms.
o Constantly communicate and exchange information with team members and must be able to effectively communicate correct information with vendors.
o Read/comprehend, write, communicate orally, reasoning and analytical abilities, and mental flexibility.
o Occasionally will move objects up to 20 pounds.
o Occasionally climb stairs, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach above shoulder to access materials and/or documentation.
o Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to compare and distinguish accounting and administrative data.
o Hearing ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
• Work Environment:
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical interior/office work environment.
o Position may involve extended work hours.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To be considered for this position attach your resume to the online application in .doc or .pdf file format.
PADNOS - 18 months ago
PADNOS manages scrap for industrial and commercial accounts in Michigan and throughout the United States. From Arizona to the far Northeast,...