Previous Hospital Experience Required
Responsible for answering all Outpatient incoming telephone calls and responding in order to resolve call. Responsible for processing laser statements during call downtime. Responsible for assisting walk-in patients in order to resolve patient account issues. Performs other duties as assigned.
See below. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Responsible for answering all outpatient incoming telephone calls and responding in order to resolve call in the shortest amount of time possible.
2. Responsible for assisting walk-in patients in resolving patient account issues.
3. Responsible for sending inquiries to patients regarding inaccurate or incomplete information.
4. Completes charge adjustments and allowances entries on accounts as needed.
5. Recodes accounts by insurance carrier and plan number and enters in the HIS for billing or rebilling purposes.
6. Processes rejections on third party accounts.
7. Responsible for reviewing laser statements during call downtime and initiating third party billing to the appropriate insurance based on information provided by patient on the laser statement.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
? High School Graduate required. Clerical Experience.
? Minimum one to two years experience within a hospital setting.
? Knowledge of third party billing and reimbursement.
? Ability to use basic office equipment and knowledge of CTR computer terminals a plus.
White Plains Hospital - 20 months ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...