Function: Installs, maintains, tests and evaluates
- Regular Full-Time employees are scheduled to work at least forty (40) hours per calendar week for an indefinite period of time.
Wage Scale: T
Typical Work Hours: Based on the needs of the business and are subject to change.
· Provides technical consulting on installation, maintenance, testing, and modification of complex integrated systems, including prototype equipment and experimental services.
· Solves chronic repair problems by conducting various diagnostic tests using conventional and specialized test equipment and by referring to vendor/manufacturer provided documentation to identify the extent and source of obscure, hard-to-resolve problems that have defied routine troubleshooting techniques.
· Installs or directs the installation and acceptance of complex integrated systems. Installs, maintains, tests and evaluates the performance of prototype equipment and services.
· Provides expert technical assistance and support for installation and maintenance work groups, including subcontractors and other technicians.
· Performs project management and coordination role on the end-to-end installation of complex integrated systems by: being involved in the planning and layout of the job; providing input to the development of charts showing the sequence of activities and critical timelines; directing the work of others towards meeting completion responsibilities; interfacing with vendors, subcontractors, other technicians and customers to schedule/complete planned activities.
· In general, work requiring the project coordination function will involve several of the elements stated above. On assigned major accounts, provides on-premises technical administration and oversight of CenturyLink operations activities to ensure continuity of service.
· Provides on-the-job or attends classroom training on new products and technologies, their features, usages and applications.
· Maintains level of personal technical expertise by being knowledgeable of available resources, diagnostic equipment, company practices, operating manuals, vendor-provided literature and other experts to maintain/increase capability to solve technical problems.
· Installs and maintains private and switched services, including sub-rate and high speed data, audio, and video services, and associated ancillary equipment configured to meet existing and anticipated customer needs.
· Utilizes various testing devices such as frequency and data signal generators, transmission measuring sets, oscilloscopes, volt-ohm meters, while installing and maintaining equipment and services.
· Interfaces with other work groups to ensure that committed service and test dates are met and to test the integrity of service prior to customer release.
· Provides information needed to close out work orders or trouble reports by indicating type of work performed, time and material charges, exception codes, field reporting codes and other related information.
· Installs, maintains, and tests voice, data, and video systems.
· Installs, tests and maintains Cisco Call Manager, Call Manager Express, Unified Messaging and Unity Express
· Installs, configures tests and maintains Cisco UC320’s, UC520, UC540’s and UC560’S
· Installs, configures, tests and maintains Cisco ASA’s
· Installs, configures, tests and maintains Adtran switches, routers and 7100 phone systems
· Installs, configures, tests and maintains Juniper switches and firewall
· Experience and certification on ShoreTel, Avaya PBX and or key systems is a plus
- Cisco platforms, networking, routing and protocols.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager and Call Manager Express
- Experience with Cisco Unity Voice mail
- Cisco Emergency Responder.
- Experience with Cisco IPCC Express.
- Experience with Cisco Personal Assistant
- Adtran platforms, networking, router and protocols
- Voice over IP applications.
- Experience installing business systems.
- Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable color.
- Computer literacy, multi-tasking, problem-solving, strong verbal communications, and customer service soft skills are a must.
- Requires valid state driver's license, satisfactory driving record, and the ability to drive vehicle with manual gear shift.
- Must be willing to work day, evening, or night shifts; also to work overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
- On short notice, travel to remote or distant locations within assigned territory.
- Be away from home overnight(s) on temporary assignments for varying length of time.
- Requires the ability to perform strenuous physical activities, including but not limited to lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- Works independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Is exposed to variable environmental and work conditions.
- Communicates with others to provide technical guidance on systems and system components.
- Wears safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate safe clothing and follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Wears attire that is appropriate for effective interaction with customers.
- Directs the work of others, determines work schedules of others, commits company resources within defined levels, and escalates problems.
Special Requirements of The Job:
- Successful completion of all testing and interviews required for this position.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...