Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Embrace the vision of becoming the leading diagnostic service provider by achieving customer loyalty and economic profitability through passion; partnership and performance. Efficiently provide technical support solutions including installation; corrective; pre-emptive and proactive maintenance. Go above and beyond to respond to customer needs by partnering with sales; marketing and other functional areas while adhering to current compliance guidelines.
Represent Abbott Diagnostic Division to its customer:
o Responsible for providing on-site support to ADD customers
o Support field personal
o Support District business objective and goals
o Provide direction and develop mentoring skills to mentor other FSRs
o Troubleshooting and resolving complaints reported by customers
on a minimum of five increasingly complex instruments as detailed in the FS Business Process database
o Understand and follow Quality System by
o Accurate and timely documentation of complaint resolution
o Understand and practice regulatory and compliance procedures
o Maintain a safe work environment following laboratory safety guidelines
o Schedule and complete
o Routine preventive maintenance
o Installations and other updates provided by Abbott.
o Integrate effectively into the service team:
o Work effectively within a diverse and dynamic team environment
o Support on call rotation
o Time; territory and inventory management
o Standby and after hours responsibilities
o Flexible working hours
o Unpredictable Travel
o Travel for support of other territories and training
o Providing on-site critical account support inside and outside of district boundaries.
In addition to this position requires: a) superior technical competency; b) Pro-Active Account Management; c) complete instrument training across geographical IRL.
- Responsible for IRL ownership to achieve organizational goals and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to work cross functionally to achieve customer satisfaction through direct communication within the local performance partnership teams (P2T).
- Responsible to maintain ownership of customer issue until successful escalation or hand off takes place.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Provide superior customer service; through applying effective communication skills in order to build loyalty while proactively managing and resolving high-stress situations
- Delight our customers by providing support including installation; Preventive Maintenance; Technical Service Bulletins and repair by documenting; following-up; and closing calls as per Abbott Diagnostics quality system
- Partner cross-functionally and internally while maintaining positive relationships and ensure issues are resolved efficiently and satisfactorily while exceeding customer needs
- Successfully achieve the established business metrics including service sales; cost of service and key performance indicators for assigned customers/accounts
- Champion utilization of remote support tools to proactively improve instrument up time
- Proactively improve expertise through continuous learning and certifications
Must be able to influence other areas to achieve business goals.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Scope of responsibility includes representing Abbott Diagnostics to assigned customers in a professional; forthright and ethical manner. The position reports to a Service Manager and is accountable for achieving individual and supporting team goals.
Practical experience of interfacing with customers preferred.
Additional Skills: Trouble shooting/problem solving; ability to succeed in team situations and excel independently; computer skills (Word; Excel; Power Point; Internet; Remote Computing i.e VPN; remote troubleshooting etc.); effective communication skills and strongly demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Language: Basic English skills are preferred (written and oral). Proficiency in local language required.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Bachelors/Engineering Degree in Bio Medical/Electrical/Mechanical or Medical Technology is preferred.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive houres in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Lilft, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis, Work requiring repeated bending, stooping, squatting or kneeling, Work with human blood or other potentially infectious materials
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Abbott Laboratories - 20 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....