Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
Alabama state licensure is required
Certification is required
- Job Summary
- The CVICU PNP is a registered professional nurse with advanced education and training in the care of the at-risk infant. This individual works in collaboration with the CVICU Medical Director, staff cardiologists, the Division Director of Nursing, the Department Director and staff nurses. Major areas of responsibility include the provision of direct medical care to at risk and critically ill infants, the emergency stabilization of critically ill infants, participation in neonatal transports, participation in staff development and education, and participation in parent education and discharge planning.
- PNP - MSN from an accredited School of Nursing with subspecialty in Acute/Critical Care Pedatric Nursing
- Must meet the qualifications for approval to practice as a nurse practitioner according to Section 610-X-9.09 of the “Alabama Board of Nursing Administrative Code.”
- Must be certified to practice as a nurse practitioner by the Alabama Board of Nursing as stated in section 610-X-9.10 of the “Alabama Board of Nursing Administrative Code.”
- At least 6 years of nursing experience with a minimum of 2 years in the subspecialty area.
- Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries
- Current BLS Affiliate Faculty OR (PALS Instructor or NALS Instructor)
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Alabama.
- AC-PNP - Certification through PEDIATRIC NURSING CERTIFICATION BOARD.