An Excellent Opportunity Exists at National Grid!
A major electricity and gas delivery company with one of the largest electricity transmission and distribution systems in the Northeast.
We are presently seeking to fill a journey level electric Cable Splicer C position in the Buffalo, NY area. In addition, we offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation, tuition assistance and more.
Job Responsibilities include: fully capable of installing, splicing and terminating high voltage at 69kv and below. Locating and repairing cable faults of all kinds. You will be expected to respond to call-outs 24/7 for emergencies and work during adverse weather conditions. And perform all other underground work involving construction, maintenance, repair and routine inspection.
In order to proceed in the process, you must be able to pass pre-employment assessments, including a demonstration of job skills, background check and drug/alcohol and physical screening.
If you are qualified and interested in working for a world class utility Company, forward your resume now!
- Must have a minimum of 3 years high voltage cable splicing experience.
- Must have a Journeyman Level status.
- Possess a strong understanding of underground work methods.
- Proven history of working safely with a general understanding of applicable OSHA guidelines.
- Able to work at elevated heights and enclosed space environments.
- Have electrical theory including low voltage general network, multi-phase transformer installations, phasing and phase rotation.
- Have ability to work with and direct a small group of mechanics, good safe work ethic, good communication skills and commitment to customer service.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid CDL (or ability to obtain within 30 days).
Monster - 10 months ago
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...