IES is a $500M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets. IES Residential focuses on single-family residential construction, student housing, multi-family apartment complexes, senior living communities and solar system installations.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
IES Residential is currently seeking reliable, motivated technicians to install Cable TV, Internet and Digital Phone services for Time Warner Cable. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position .
- Competitive pay
- Company paid time off
- Choice of medical plan options
- Dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
This position is responsible for the installation, disconnection, and changes to broadband analog and digital cable, high speed data, and digital telephony services to include the installation of home networking solutions wired and wireless.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Performs customer installations for video, high speed data, digital phone, and new products as required
- Perform customer installations complete from tap to customer, including prewired units; reconnects; additional outlets, requested and non-pay disconnects, and changes of service; installations adhering to Company procedures and safe work practices, National Electrical Code (NEC) and NESC requirements, and local ordinances in order to provide (or remove) services to the customer
- Uses various tools and equipment proficiently. These include, but are not limited to: screwdrivers, pliers, shovels, ladders and various test meters
- Review all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement
- Wire single dwelling units (SDU's) and multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order to provide "ready hook-up" capabilities at the time of moving in
- If necessary, burying of the service drop from the tap to the ground block; replacing and mounting of SDU and MDU wall boxes; repair or replacement of tap pedestals
- Inspect existing ground or make new ground according to the NEC to protect employees, customers, and equipment
- Determine acceptability of service by reviewing signal quality following installation or service call in order to provide the best possible service for the customer.
- Provide information on available services to new and existing customers in order to sell additional services and attempt to upgrade existing services
- Performs installations by climbing on ladders, telephone poles, and other structures; lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, digging, crawling, stooping and standing. Works outside throughout the year. Works in various weather conditions, which may be extreme hot or cold conditions. May drive for long periods of time and work in dark/confined spaces in attics and on ground beneath floors.
- Demonstrate and educate customer on products and services
- Perform other duties as requested in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Minimum of six months experience in installation position preferred (Paid training is available for non-experienced candidates)
- Must have a truck capable of carrying a 28” extension ladder and 6” ladder
- Receives detailed instructions on all work
- Perform a variety of duties which are subject to frequent change at management’s discretion.
- Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
- Learn new tasks quickly and follow specific directions, and demonstrate initiative.
- Meet the attendance and schedule requirements of the project, including working overtime when required.
- Work with others in a professional and safe manner.
- Constantly demonstrate safe work habits.
- Adhere to acceptable OSHA and industry standards.
- Comply with all drug testing, safety training and background check requirements.
- Clearly understand and comply with all Company and Job Safety requirements.
ALL APPLICATIONS - MUST BE - COMPLETED ONLINE. DO NOT CONTACT THE COMPANY DIRECTLY. ANY INCOMPLETE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION - WILL NOT - BE CONSIDERED FOR HIRE.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
Integrated Electrical Services - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard