CAD Operator I
As a CAD Operator I with Terracon you will, under close supervision of a more senior level CAD Operator or staff professional, assist in preparation of engineering drawings by use of AutoCAD software. The position will encompass CAD work, such as generating maps, diagrams, and boring locations for reports; and other office tasks.
Reports to: Department Manager or Office Manager
Position Supervises: None
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Performs Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) for preparation of engineering drawings by use of AutoCad software.
- Operates IBM PC compatible computer and print machine.
- Assists senior CAD operator(s) in production of drawings.
- Complete safety orientation program.
- Abide by safety and personal protective equipment policies.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and avoid unsafe behaviors.
- Drive defensively, avoid preventable accidents and always wear a seat belt.
- Attend regularly scheduled safety training.
- Report all unsafe conditions to your Supervisor.
- May perform hand drafting as needed.
- May assist senior CAD operator(s) in network administration or equipment repair, as needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Operate CAD equipment.
· Assist in maintaining equipment.
- Will perform most of the shift in an office setting operating AutoCad equipment. Noise level is usually low to moderate.
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
- Entry level position requiring Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in graphic or drafting technology; or
- At least two years in related technical school or college; or
- High school diploma plus at least 2 years practical CAD experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license if driving on company business is required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Terracon requires that candidates complete a satisfactory criminal background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
**No Recruiters/Agencies Please**
Terracon - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Employee-owned Terracon Consultants provides geotechnical, environmental, construction material evaluation, pavement engineering and...