POSITION SUMMARY: Describes the general purpose of the job or why the job exists.
Responsible for set up, service, and clean up of appropriate service items for Phoebe Cafe functions and meal services at the Café according to ARAMARK standards and safety and sanitation policies.
- Discuss and answer questions about specialty coffee and espresso beverages.
- Sets up café display areas, assists in opening procedures.
- Serves food, drinks and removes dishes when appropriate.
- Serves alcoholic beverages at counter and table service.
- Serve guest efficiently, courteously and in a friendly manner.
- Suggestively sell a guest additional items to increase check averages/sales
- Operates cash register, handles cash from customer transactions in a careful and accurate manner, complete cash deposits, accountable for cash bank assigned and follow all Aramark cash handling procedures.
- Understands the necessary functions of operating a Café bar such as opening and closing procedures, quality assurance of all products, maintenance of equipment and cleaning procedures.
- Take orders for food, coffee and espresso beverages.
- Learn how to make all of the beverages properly and ensure they are made consistently every time.
- Prepare and serve coffee and espresso based beverages to guests in a timely manner.
- Prepares the drinks according to the server’s order’s; mixing cocktails, complete with decoration, using the proper glassware and beverage accompaniments according to set recipes and established procedures keeping the quantities in line with the recipe.
- Work as part of the team, respect fellow co-workers and ask for help when needed.
- Cleans all areas that were used for the special function upon completion and performs any additional cleaning as desired.
- Helps to maintain the storage area in an orderly manner.
- Sets up, cleans and maintains assigned stations.
- Takes customer’s orders, rings order properly and relays order to cooks.
- Assembles and garnishes completed drink order.
- Serves the assembled order and collects cash from customers.
- Maintains cleanliness of operation per cleaning schedule.
- Assists fellow employees as needed.
- Reports maintenance problems or other problem areas to supervisor as they occur.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- May be required to work mornings, nights, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per year to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Describe the background education and experiences necessary to perform essential job functions.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience as a server in a food and beverage facility and knowledge of cocktail composition and service preferred. Must be experienced in dealing with customers efficiently and politely. Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money.
ARAMARK Parks and Destinations - 2 years ago