Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Provide stellar customer service to internal and external customers and vendors including participation in and promotion of customer service programs to continuously improve customer service.
- Retrieve, prepare, display, sell and serve products to customers including but not limited to preparing and cooking food a la carte as requested.
- Follow appropriate food handling procedures to ensure safe, quality products.
- Maintain freshness of food and beverage items by rotating and filling items as needed and maintaining items at appropriate temperatures.
- Complete sales to customers including completion of payroll deduction payments and taking money in payment of sales to non-team members and appropriate handling of cash payments.
- Perform tasks to ensure an attractive and safe physical appearance of working areas including cleaning and sanitizing all areas.
- Ensure that all areas are clean and attractive including but not limited to cleaning tables and removal of dishes, cups, tableware, debris and litter and cleaning floors.
- Ensure supplies are stocked as needed including but not limited to plates, napkins, tableware, condiments and food products including ensuring that supplies are stocked for the next shift.
- Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements.
- Any reasonably requested job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business or any reasonable request made by your supervisor or management personnel.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Minimum of one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Perform tasks as needed to complete necessary paperwork, accounting for cash payments, and swiping for payroll deduction payments.
- Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
- Compile information, complete and submit reports as needed.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all gaming laws and regulations.
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job