Controls cash and chips by receiving and disbursing funds and balancing all internal banks. Works front window, redemption, jackpot and poker windows in an efficient and timely manner; Demonstrates outstanding guest service qualities with both internal and external guests.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Works in a narrow confined smoke filled environment
1. Develops internal and external guest relations by listening and responding to guest requests, inquiries, and disputes in a positive manner; Maintains knowledge of current promotions, events, and other pertinent information regarding the property.
2. Delivers on implied promises of fast, friendly, accurate and responsive service and meets service guarantees each and every time. Assists and supports the achievement of department objectives and the company’s Business Imperative, Vision Statement, and Core Values.
3. Communicates to internal and external guests, staff and managers by participating in meetings and utilizing various types of verbal and hand written correspondence.
4. Conducts transactions with external guests, including checks, chips, vouchers, coin, comps, coupons, currency and additional items as required; Follows established policies and procedures in all transactions. Enrolls guests in check cashing services, processes customer deposits and withdrawals, and issues and redeems markers; Conducts other transactions as required.
5. Conducts transactions with internal guests, including jackpots, cage checks, paid in and outs, chip fills and credits with Table Games; completes buy exchanges and chip and cash transfers as required. Issues and receives Poker banks.
6. Maintains security of assigned assets by; verifying currency, locking funds, rotating funds, ensuing authenticity of currency and chips received, following key control policies, transporting funds and controlling access to Cage areas.
7. Counts in and out of assigned workstation in a timely manner; Completes reports and logs as required. Records cash and check transactions as required by Title 31, obtaining necessary documentation. Reconciles scanned vouchers at end of shift.
8. Maintains technical and professional knowledge by; utilizing the Barona Institute, participating in required departmental cross-training, completing the Step into the Magic series, and participating in outside educational programs or opportunities as required by the position.
9. Understands, complies with and maintains knowledge of current policies, procedures, regulations, controls and modifications as they occur. Reports and supports safety issues. Recommends process improvements. Utilizes company assets effectively and reduces waste.
10. Ensures a professional demeanor, attitude and appearance, and sets a good example for others. Adapts and responds positively to changing job demands, work environment, and business practices; is supportive of other team-members, management, and company and department objectives, policies, and procedures. Prioritizes workload, asks questions and seeks assistance when necessary.
NOTE: This description incorporates the most typical duties performed. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this occupation.
Basic math, basic computer knowledge, customer service, and oral communication skills
Ability to operate 10-key adding machine, lift up to 25 pounds, follow instructions and work in a fast-paced environment
High School Diploma or GED
Some College preferred
6 months prior heavy cash handling experience
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please refer to the “Essential Elements – Job Functions Assessment” sheet for this position.
Barona Resort & Casino - 7 months ago
Valley View Casino and Hotel
San Diego, CA
Valley View Casino and Hotel
- 4 days ago
CAGE CASHIER (parttime)
- 29 days ago
Barona Resort & Casino, a AAA Four Diamond rated property, blends the best of San Diego's leading resorts with the gaming excitement of...