Distributes monies to gaming patrons via check cashing, conversion of winning game tickets, tokens and gaming checks into currency. Maintains and monitors all funds entrusted to him/her on an assigned shift. Delivers extraordinary guest service to paying guests as well as other employees
- Saleand redemption of casino coin for cash, and other "like money" items in a timely manner
- Redeems winning game tickets, account card/slips and tokens for cash upon demand for customers.
- Handles coupons and various other marketing and promotional related materials for customers.
- Makes change as necessary for customers.
- Accurately maintains an issued amount of cash funds. Computes and records ending cash drawer balances at the end of the shift.
- Stacks currency and sorts, counts and wraps coins.
- Secures all monies and other items of cash value at the end of the shift.
- Cashing of checks for cash utilizing computer terminals, western union, maintaining inventory of documents, and negotiable instruments.
- Conducts operation of basic slot machinery such as jetports, currency counter, coin wrapper, and calculator.
- Promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
- Participate as a team member with fellow employees in producing a smooth and efficiently run
- operation that meets the highest standards of customer service.
- Comply with Title 31 record keeping and procedures.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed casino internal control policies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the strict confidentiality of all information.
Conducts accurate monetary transactions which include cashing checks, and redeeming chips, tokens and coins. The Cage Cashier must provide quality guest service at all times, and accurately reconcile issued bank(s). Cage Cashiers must also follow the proper check in and check out procedures and complete all required paperwork regarding activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: ability to communicate effectively with the general public; general knowledge of company specified computer operating software, ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, co-workers and general public; pleasant personality, team oriented and enjoys working with and assisting people.
Education: High School education or equivalent.
Experience: Previous cash handling experience or training preferred.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, standing or walking; mobility; eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity; fine finger manipulation; able to lift up to 25 pounds; communicate with management and staff. Work is performed in the casino and in an office environment; staff contact required; tolerate varying conditions of noise levels, temperature, illumination and air quality.
Buffalo Run Casino & Resort - 7 months ago