As a Cake Decorator , you will be responsible for creating appealing designs on our specialty bakery goods. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
- Creatively decorate all cakes, tarts, and pastries as well as special order items.
- Assist with the production all mandatory bakery products (parfaits, cake slices, bars, cupcakes, etc.)
- Maintain the highest level of kitchen cleanliness and organization.
- Respond to work requests from other departments, on an as-needed basis.
- Fill out production sheets completely and accurately according to regional standards.
- Utilize spoilage sheets to gauge and adjust production sheets to maintain product.
- Produce in-house products building to daily per levels specified on production sheets.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Operates and sanitizes all equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Leader (Department Manager), Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager), or Supervisor
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Ability to follow instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic reading skills sufficient to read and understand recipes and information about ingredients.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with other Team Members and leadership.
- Cake decorator/pastry production experience required.
- Creative cake decoration skills, ability to make flowers, decorative borders, elegant piping techniques.
- Willingness to learn and grow with the Bakery team.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment.
- Use of box cutters
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 23 months ago
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...