When you are in the business of health care, you're in the business of people. At UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot to them and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
- Respond to incoming provider and enrollee calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries
- Enter notifications, Providers status of an existing notification and determining if notification is required.
- Complete notification wizard along with ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Provide excellent customer service to both providers and enrollees
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance.
- Assist with faxes and emails
- HS Diploma or GED
- 6+ months of professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties.
- Proficient with Internet Explorer or other web browser
- Professional experience in clerical or administrator work related role
- Healthcare or insurance benefits experience
- Medical Terminology/Coding (ICD-9 and CPT)
- Experience in a Call Center with High Volume
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, Outlook, Project and other Clinical Databases
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in person, by phone, or via e-mail in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to work and interact with professionals as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced professional environment.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 14 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...