OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manages human, financial and materials resources in a team relationship with Clinical Area Managers, Physician Leadership, Administrators, Supervisors, and Staff to provide appointment scheduling, new patient access, switchboard, answering service, and video interpreting services. It is expected that the Contact Center will grow to include additional services such as nurse triage, care coordination, virtual care, patient placement, patient portal, and others. The manager of the Contact Center is responsible for daily operations as well as recommending strategic direction for the department.
1. Assist with the procurement, design and equipping of Contact Center space.
2. Select, develop and manage employees within the Contact Center.
3. Foster excellent work environment by assuring staff are well train and customer service oriented.
4. Develop policies and procedures for the Contact Center.
5. Seek out products, system improvements and best practices that promote efficiency and standardization across the system.
6. Develop Contact Center metrics and department goals.
1. Responsible for managing the day to day operations. Oversees scheduling, payroll (timekeeping), selection and placement of new staff, discipline and performance management.
2. Prepare and effectively manage department operating budgets.
3. Develop and maintain interdepartmental relationships and partner with multiple disciplines throughout the WVMC system to enhance and support effective operation of the Contact Center .
4. Review and update Contact Center metrics and goals on a regular basis.
5. Monitor progress to baseline metrics and report results to staff and leadership on a regular basis.
6. Ensure reports provide accurate and timely information about Contact Center performance.
7. Oversee the development of business and workflow requirements, future state workflows, and workflow reengineering (process improvement/Lean).
8. Work with and be able to influence change among a multi-disciplinary group involved in patient contact including clinical and administrative staff throughout the WVMC system.
9. Integrate clinical and financial requirements in support of effective revenue cycle operations.
10. Lead, participate in and facilitate process improvement (Lean) initiatives and task forces both within the Contact Center and elsewhere in the organization.
11. Uphold all WVMC policies and procedures.
1. Attend monthly management meetings.
2. Hold monthly meetings with employees to keep them updated on current events and Medical Center updates.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
1. BS or BA (prefer communications, marketing, management or health care field) required. Willing to consider recent, significant call center management exp in lieu of a degree.
2. MBA or equivalent leadership degree or MSN preferred
Lean/Six Sigma certification desired
- Black belt certification preferred
1. 5 years combined healthcare (clinic or hospital) experience in scheduling
2. Call center experience strongly desired.
3. 3 years progressive leadership responsibility required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to lead and motivate others required.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas or concepts required.
3. Demonstrated customer service experience required.
4. Excellent time management skills and the ability to be interrupted during projects required.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills required.
6. Proficient computer skills (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing, scheduling); knowledge of MS Office, Epic, and Cerner preferred.
7. Knowledge of Washington State and federal communications laws preferred.
8. Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT coding, and medical terminology preferred.
9. Must be a team player and maintain a positive, resourceful attitude toward achieving the overall department and Health System goals.
Wenatchee Valley Medical Center - 13 months ago