The Call Center Nurse is responsible for providing quality, compassionate care to patients in a call Center consistent with the policies and procedures set by the organization. As a member of the clinical staff, the Call Center Nurse will actively manage tasks for the offices assigned. The Call Center Nurse will interact with clinic staff, physicians, patients and professionals outside the clinic to ensure that the patient’s needs are met.
- Use patient first values in ensuring that the patients needs are met
- Computer task management for office assigned
- Interact with patients, physicians and other staff both within the Clinic and outside facilities to provide accurate, timely and responsive information
- Perform prescription refill maintenance per HMG protocol
- Prepare and maintain patient charts – update information as needed and delegate tasks received
- Communicate efficiently with various healthcare professionals in completing tasks
- Complete eight (8) tasks per hour
- When greeting a patient on the phone, speak in a friendly and courteous manner
- “Float” to other offices as needed to fill in gaps if requested by management
- Obtain prior authorizations and pre-certifications as needed for patients having procedures or tests
- Mail normal labs to patients and call patients with abnormal labs
- Ensure to follow policies and procedures set by Holston Medical Group
- Maintain communication with providers to ensure that patient needs are taken care of
- Communicate all office issues with the Nurse Manager and Regional Operations Manager
- Mentor new call center nursing staff and orient to the center
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters relating to personnel and patient PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Provide information to patients and families, demonstrating courtesy and helpfulness
- Be a team player with the clinic staff within the assigned office(s) and HMG in a collaborative effort
- Display excellent customer service skills
- Document work processes as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- LPN, RMA or CMA license by the state in which employed
- 2+ years experience in a clinical setting
- CPR certified
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations.
- Medical terminology.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with customer service and multi-line phones.
- Familiarity with computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for confidentiality, safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, managers and peers.
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Learning on the Fly
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
Holston Medical Group - 20 months ago
At Wellmont Health System, wellness is paramount. Wellmont Health System provides general and advanced medical-surgical care to residents of...