SUMMARY: Answers inbound calls and makes outbound calls, as well as assists customers who have specific inquiries regarding hospital bills. High volume, high energy call center environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Fast and accurate typing skills and the ability to create grammatically correct responses to inquiries. Must be able to talk and type simultaneously.
- Ability to recognize signals of a disgruntled customer and be able to respond calmly and professionally without escalating the call.
- Update existing databases with changes and the status of each customer contact.
- Follow up calls, if needed, and complete any associated clerical duties (faxing, completing forms, etc.)
- Effectively deal with stress
- Use an effective and organized approach to handle special telephone tasks such as call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions.
- 1-2 years experience in a call center environment is required, with experience handling Healthcare receivables REQUIRED
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to comprehend, capture and interpret basic customer information
- Tactful, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to clients, patients and coworkers
- Sound judgment and the ability to manage difficult customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit feedback to improve service and respond to requests for service/assistance.
- Ability to treat people with respect in all situations, instill trust in others and uphold the values of the organization
- Fluent in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Must have previous medical experience to be considered .
- Must be a non-smoker .