Indian River Medical Center is a 335-bed, not-for-profit hospital in Vero Beach, Fl. The hospital campus and facilities occupy more than 128 acres; its healthcare professionals include more than 250 affiliated physicians representing 41 specialties. IRMC is accredited by the Joint Commission and has been voted best places to work for the last 2 years. We are committed to training and education, not only to develop our staff to provide the best care possible to our patients.
Indian River Medical Center is currently looking for a Call Center Specialist
Job Summary :
Accepts food orders by telephone, verifies diet parameters, and processes in a timely and accurate manner using “Room Service” computer system, to ensure food delivery within 45 minutes of receipt of order. Coordinates Call Center processes with Production and areas that do not participate in Room Service. Handles problems that arise with tact to ensure a positive outcome while maintaining a pleasant professional demeanor. Bilingual Spanish skills are helpful. Able to complete an IRMH Nutrition Certification Program.
The Call Center Specialist would be required to:
1. Accepts and processes Room Service orders from patients and/or family members with a high level of customer service skills.
2. Demonstrates competency in the use of computer systems (CCM, Nutrinet, AS400).
3. Processes & coordinates food orders for timely and effective handling in the production and tray line assembly areas.
4. Mediates patient and/or nursing concerns. Takes ownership of problems and ensures positive outcomes.
5. Coordinates distribution of tube feeding, snacks, and other between meal food items such as Golden Eagle fruit baskets.
6. Successfully completes IRMH Nutrition Certification Program.
7. Maintains a pleasant, professional demeanor with patients and staff promoting a positive image and quality service culture.
8. Coordinates meal service for patients and areas that do not participate in Room Service program.
9. Interacts with patients and dietitians to ensure optimal patient care.
10. Enters preferences and allergies in the computer. Monitors meal selections for nutrient and fluid restrictions.
11. Processes reports, charges, and credits in a timely fashion.
12. Attends in-services and is compliant with essential education without prompting from manager.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Call Center Specialist would be required to have:
· High School Diploma required.
· One year experience in a room service setting or healthcare food service operation.
· Computer knowledge a must.
Indian River Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer who adheres to all federal, state, and local laws. In compliance with the American With Disabilities Act, IRMC, does not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability. The hospital will select the best-qualified individual on the basis of ability, experience, education, and training as related to the requirements of the specific position for which the applicant is being considered.
Indian River Medical Center - 18 months ago