Position Openings Available for
On-Call Deckhands & Marine Operators
NRC is a west coast company specializing in
environmental and hazardous waste management contracting
services. The company has enjoyed steady growth since
its inception in 1982 and provides services from a
network of ten offices located in California, Oregon and
Washington. Our clientele is comprised of a balanced mix
of private and public sector businesses, with
predominance towards the industrial manufacturing,
transportation, department of defense and utility
We are recruiting continuously for qualified On-Call
Deckhands and Marine Operators (Licensed and
PRIMARY PURPOSE -
To be able to work as needed for both planned and
emergency response marine project work.
ON-CALL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
shifts. When on-call, must be able to respond to
- Possibility of being on-call for week long rotating
spill site within 1 hour, 7 days a week, 24 hours a
as needed or as available. These duties may be land
- Assist in various types of spill clean up activities
or marine related for both planned and emergency
response project work.
personal floatation device, eye protection and
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, steel-toed boots,
respirator as necessary.
use of hand tools, power tools, bending, stooping,
- These positions involve heavy lifting and carrying,
shoveling and other physically demanding tasks on a
donning and seal of respirator.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate
and client safety standards.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company
of town on short notice for extended periods of
- Some projects may require the employee to travel out
checks on all vehicles for which licensed to
- Must be able to safely drive and perform safety
related NRC paperwork including daily timesheets,
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee
driver logs and tailgate safety meeting forms.
MINIMUM ON-CALL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE -
writing and reasoning skills is required.
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent reading,
including anchoring, towing, pumping, and oil
- Must have a background in marine activities
deploying, retrieving and working with oil
- Must demonstrate ability to operate a small boat for
containment boom; ability to run oil skimmers.
trouble shoot small workboats and skimmers.
- Must be able to conduct basic maintenance and
(MVR) that meets the NRC Business Driving Policy
- A valid Driver License with a Motor Vehicle Record
Standards is required.
Passport, complete the 24 Hr. or higher OSHA
- A Boating Safety Card is required.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a TWIC card and
HAZWOPER training, Confined Space training, First
Aid and CPR training.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, uniform service member status,
marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical
condition, genetic information, disability or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable
federal, state and local laws.
Division/Department : NRC West
Req. Code : 555
Offer Relocation : No
National Response Corporation - 23 months ago
National Response Corporation is the largest commercial oil spill response organization in the United States with a diversified client base...