Position Announcement: #2366 County Extension Agent - Agriculture &Natural Resources
Headquarters: Woodbine, GA, SE District County: Camden
Position Available: 9/1/2013
The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Agricultural and Natural Resources program in Camden County by providing educational programs in a wide variety of agriculturally related areas.
Qualifications: This position requires:
- Successful experience in program development and management, a demonstrated communication ability as well as skills in leadership and management, a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work as a team member and with groups;
- The ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs; and a
- A Bachelor’s degree in General Agriculture, Crop & Soil Science, Plant Protection & Pest Management, Horticulture, animal Science, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Agricultural Education, Forestry, or closely related area (a Master’s degree is strongly preferred).
Administrative Relationships: - This position serves as a UGA Public Service Faculty Member and a member of the Camden County Extension Staff ( http://www.caes.uga.edu/extension/camden/ ) and is under the direction and leadership of the Camden County Extension Coordinator and the Southeast District Extension Director.
- Utilizes the expertise of advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs
- Develops plan of work that is equitable in meeting the needs of the varied counties’ socio-economic situation
- Targets specific audiences for educational programs addressing critical issues identified in plan of work
- Implements Cooperative Extension’s Equal Opportunity plan
- Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on critical issues
- Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs
- Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s view of extension programming
- Utilizes current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching
- Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
- See www.caes.uga.edu/intranet/coextopr/pdfs/coextagentjd.pdf for a listing of other responsibilities.
- This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license is required.
Salary & Benefits: $40,400/year minimum with a Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s $34,500) in an appropriate subject area as well as an excellent benefits package is available as a faculty member of the University of Georgia.
Application Procedures: To ensure consideration, your application must be received in UGA Human Resources’ iPAWS system by July 24th, 2013. Apply online at www.ugajobsearch.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=62185 (or select the “County Extension Agents” button). Please direct questions and mail original transcripts to: UGA CAES Business Office, 215 Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602, (706) 542-2373, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agriculture and Natural Resources
· Family and Consumer Sciences
· 4-H Youth
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution
Institution Employment Link:
CIP Discipline Code:
Agriculture & Related Ind (Admin code)
Agronomy And Crop Science
Soil Science And Agronomy, General
Animal Sciences, General
The University System of Georgia
- 2 years ago - save job