Activities & Programming
Job Location :
District Heights, MD
FTTEMP- Full time Temporary
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation
- and Success in all activities and interactions.
Responsible for group supervision of campers with attention to all of the following: program, health, happiness, discipline, cleanliness, safety, routine duties, character and skill development.
Ensure the social adjustment of EACH camper
Help campers plan, carry out and evaluate projects and activities.
Promote camper participation in ALL activities, including set-up and clean up.
Exhibit personal habits, health, dress, speech, table etiquette and relationships with other staff that serve as a beneficial model to campers.
Work with the camp directors and other camp staff to manage relationships with facilities, programs and campers.
Help develop, carry out and evaluate a camp program that reflects the goals of The Shelter Group/Woodland Springs Apartments.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience in working with children in a group setting.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to work as a team member with other counselors and adult staff members.
- Responsible, friendly, enthusiastic, patient and willing to learn.
- Able to participate in counselor training.
The Shelter Group - 23 months ago
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...