How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Director
Position Location : Maryland Chapter
Basic Function :
- Team In Training (TNT) is a fundraising campaign that benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by training and preparing participants for marathons, half marathons, triathlons and cycle events. The Maryland Chapter is seeking an energetic, mature and professional individual to manage the chapter's Team In Training program.
- The ideal candidate is exceptional at building and maintaining volunteer relationships, has experience in working with corporate community, has proven experience in managing and motivating a staff team to exceed goals, works well in a team environment, is a strategic and creative thinker, and is comfortable with managing a complex budget.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for managing multiple or complex campaigns including strategic planning,
budgeting and implementation for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the chapter?s chartered area. It will include the oversight and management of related finances and personnel.
Position Requirements :
- Develops a comprehensive Plan of Operations for Team In Training which includes budgeting, timeline, logistics, volunteer recruitment and management, marketing, sponsorship plan and staffing for each of the four TNT seasons.
- TNT Corporate Development - responsible for building TNT Executive Leadership Team and managing to success. Also working in tandem with staff to successfully recruit and manage Corporate teams.
- Staff Management - Responsible for hiring, supervising, training and motivating the campaign and support staff in the successful delivery of Team In Training events and program overall.
- Volunteer Development - Responsible for recruitment, management and high level engagement of volunteers in all aspects of TNT program i.e. Mentor Program, Corporate Leadership Team, Grassroots Marketing, etc.
- TNT Coaching Program - Responsible for hiring, supervising and training TNT Coaches by managing contracts, evaluating on a regular basis, providing feedback, motivating, etc.
- Marketing - Responsible for working in partnership with the Marketing team to ensure successful execution of the TNT program. Oversees the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned events including direct mail, print and radio ads, recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, grassroots initiatives, etc.
- Budget Management - Tracks income and expenses associated with assigned events and facilitates
comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Sponsorship - Oversees and ensures execution of media, in-kind and cash sponsorships and partnerships that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition. Works directly with Marketing team on management of media relationships and Friends of Team In Training specifically.
- Identifies target audiences and builds appropriate marketing and monitoring strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Develops and coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public
awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Resourceful, promotions savvy and displays strong problem solving acumen.
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree.
- 4-6 or more years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing experience.
- 3-5 years of proven staff management capabilities.
Philanthropy Careers - 17 months ago