How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Light The Night
St. Louis, MO
Position Classification: Exempt
Basic Function: The Campaign Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing assigned campaigns or projects in the chapter's chartered area to achieve and exceed revenue goals. Basic functions include implementing organizational best practices, recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls, and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals. May supervise volunteers and other campaign staff.
Work Direction: The Campaign Manager works under the supervision and direction of the Chapter Executive Director, Campaign Director or lead staff as assigned, requiring management approval for activities outside the annual strategic plan and budget. Partners with National Campaign Staff for campaign specific guidance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with volunteer fundraising participants to develop comprehensive fundraising plans and revenue goals with action steps to achieve success.
- Partners with chapter leadership to implement the strategic plan focused on campaign revenue growth.
- Partners with supervisor to identify, develop, cultivate and manage high-level volunteer relationships to impact revenue generation and expense reduction.
- Manages and adheres to campaign timelines and budgets by tracking income and expenses associated with assigned campaigns, and maintaining comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Ensures revenue goals are met, by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage, and steward volunteer committees and event participants.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards event volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants.
- Manages and assures that cash sponsorships, retail partnerships, in-kind sponsors, media and materials are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, customer service, retention and recognition.
- Offers superior customer service to committee and volunteer fundraising participants, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Manages and facilitates all events associated with fundraising campaigns; including but not limited to committee meetings, recruitment events, kickoff, event day, etc. ensuring successful attendance and smooth logistics.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs integrating the LLS mission into all campaign elements, and daily work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history ( SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION ), to:
- 3-5 years experience in non-profit fundraising, sales, community affairs, community organization, volunteer development/leadership or corporate development.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Superior relationship management skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Strong computer skills (word processing and database programs).
- Ability to travel locally, as well as work nights/weekends as necessary.
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor?s degree.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
77 West Port Plaza, Suite 480
St. Louis, MO 63146
Fax : (314) 590-2260
E-mail : Recruiting_MOS@lls.org
To apply on-line, go to:
Campaign Manager - Gateway Chapter
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.