At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
The Michigan Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) seeks an energetic and goal oriented Part-Time Temporary Recruitment Specialist to support our fundraising efforts.
Basic Overview and Function:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of schools for the School & Youth campaign.
- Recruit schools from designated counties and call lists to participate in our School & Youth Campaign
- Accomplish 60-80 calls/emails a day in order to get 6-10 schools registered per week for the School & Youth campaign
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission and its programs to address the mission.
- Represent LLS and the mission professionally while placing calls and sending correspondence
- Data entry and management of schools' records
- Prepare assigned reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The position is 20 hours a week, between 7:30am - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday .
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to customer's (school's) needs
- Previous telemarketing/sales, customer service, and/or fundraising experience preferred
- Familiarity with school settings is preferred
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, with a focus on Word and Excel)
- Outstanding phone skills
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional maturity and judgment
- Positive attitude and thrives in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible, to be extremely persistent, and to multi-task
This is an hourly, temporary position in the LLS office, beginning August 5, 2013 through December, or longer, depending on performance.
Please email or mail cover letter and resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1471 E. 12 Mile Road
Madison Heights, MI 48071
To apply on line, go to:
Recruitment Specialist, Temp - MI Chapter
No phone calls please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - 14 months ago