POSTING: External- Open Competitive
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Open Spaces
HOURS: Various Temporary Part Time Seasonal
Mid- July through Mid- October
PAY: $10.60 to $11.55 per hour
LOCATION: Various throughout Dakota County Park System
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 8, 2013
Under the general supervision of the Park Operations Coordinator, the Campground Operator will be responsible for the efficient and effective daily operation of Lebanon Hills Campground.
In this position, staff is expected to provide their own camping unit and live on site in the campground during their employment term.
- High School Graduate or GED and six months of responsible experience in the camping and/or service industry
Required license(s): None
- Combination of education and experience equal to the above.
Typing ability: General knowledge of keyboarding.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Provide support in the operation of the campground in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and the rules established by the Dakota County Parks Department.
2. Provide high quality guest services. Register and collect fees from campers.
3. Accept reservations and register campers using computerized reservation system.
4. Courteously greet park visitors and answer phone calls. Provide information about regional attractions, park facilities and rules.
5. Provide high quality housekeeping and maintenance services in a responsive manner, including but not limited to restrooms, office, and campsites.
6. Ensure the safety and security of the campground facility. Work with Park Patrol staff to educate guests about the campground rules and the Park Ordinance; enforcing the rules when necessary.
7. Responsible for daily operation of the campground store.
8. Record and balance daily receipts.
9. Accept reservations and register campers using computerized reservation system.
10. Notify Park staff of facility repair, maintenance and supply needs.
11. Comply with all operating policies and procedures established by Dakota County Parks Department.
12. Perform other related duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Assignments regularly require visits to outdoor sites and movement over rough and uneven surfaces. The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing, stooping or bending or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills.
- Mathematical abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand complex policies, procedures, and ordinances.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with park visitors and staff.
- Ability to work varied 4 day on, 4 day off schedule throughout the season; including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
SELECTION PROCESS: The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)