We are currently seeking individuals with a degree in organizational leadership (PhD, DBA, DM, EdD, or related discipline) and five years relevant experience in the field of Organizational Leadership.
The Campus Adjunct Faculty position is a part-time employment opportunity. Located in downtown Denver, Colorado and reporting to the Dean of Organizational Leadership, the Adjunct Faculty will be responsible for teaching ground courses on an as-needed basis for our Organizational Leadership program.
Essential Job Duties:
• Teach assigned courses following the approved syllabus and using the textbooks listed in the syllabus, or obtain written permission from the appropriate Dean to deviate.
• Provide a copy of the syllabus to all students as soon as practicable after class rosters are issued by the Registrar, and no later than the first class meeting.
• Facilitate student learning during class sessions using instructional methods effective for the course and session content.
• Teach at the scheduled times in the scheduled location/room.
• Recruit and support a substitute instructor when absent for appropriate causes.
• Notify students and the academic administration when unavoidably absent from class.
• Provide students with contact information for academic-related communications during the course, beginning as early as possible following the release of class rosters by the Registrar’s office.
• Provide students detailed feedback on all assignments, including feedback on the quality of written work and its compliance with APA style.
• Identify students who are underprepared for graduate work and refer them to appropriate resources for support.
• Incorporate University of the Rockies’ core values and institutional outcomes into instructional materials, lessons and assignments, and feedback to students.
• Provide each student with feedback on their performance and progress, particularly with respect to the University of the Rockies’ Institutional Outcomes.
• Adhere to the academic standards and policies of University of the Rockies.
• Submit final grades to the Registrar by the announced deadline using the methods prescribed by the Registrar.
• Support University of the Rockies’ assessment efforts, including securing and forwarding artifacts of student work and other data as appropriate.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, Diversity and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization and the community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Terminal degree in psychology, management, education or related field (PhD, EdD, DBA, DM).
: This opportunity of employment will require
a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a
criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification
of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional
reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify.
To learn more please visit
Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms
and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer
keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to
interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Communication Skills: While performing Duties
of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions,
correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective
and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in
one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated
with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee
will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work
situations, grasp and apply new ideas,
communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to
apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment,
and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
University of the Rockies - 5 months ago