Do you have a desire to achieve team success?
Ashford University is searching for a dynamic professional who is comfortable in the world of accountability! Our Campus Admissions Specialists have a commitment to excellence, possess hospitable personalities, demonstrate excellent communication skills and have extremely strong work ethic.
If you are ready to help students take the next step in their educational career at Ashford University’s campus in Clinton, Iowa, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Campus Admissions Specialist responsibility is to work independently to develop and seek new prospective students by generating new leads, developing partnerships, representing the university, and assisting students through the enrollment process. This position will report to the Associate Director of Campus Admissions.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not intended to determine specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Essential functions may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Essential Job Duties:
• Travels independently to represent the university to prospective students with diverse backgrounds and their families in the determined recruitment area.
• Attend college fairs, make individual visits, and provide presentations to prospective students throughout the year.
• Coordinate and supervise prospective student bus and/or van trips to Ashford University’s campus.
• Arrange and conduct individual interviews with students as well as organize group information sessions for students, parents, and guidance counselors.
• Telecounsel with prospective students to encourage campus visits as well as apply for admission.
• Maintain appropriate follow-up communication with prospective students regarding the status of their applications for admission and financial aid. Follow-up includes, and is not limited to telephone, mail, e-mail, and face-to-face communication.
• Cultivate relationships while being concerned with individual territory development.
• Track all admissions materials through CampusVue software to manage new student enrollment processes and to generate reports.
• Participates in on-campus recruitment events and professional development.
• Create and maintain weekly, monthly, and yearend target goals to ensure personal goals and objectives are met.
• Work closely with the Campus Visit Coordinator when organizing recruitment visits and handling work related expenses.
• Other duties may be assigned and/or reassigned as needed.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Candidates must be free to travel, be a self-starter and willing to work nights and weekends. Valid Driver’s License required.
• Experience in admissions, financial aid, marketing/public relations and counseling are preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written with a diversified population.
• Ability to organize and plan multiple projects.
• Knowledge of techniques and principles of counseling.
• Skill in interviewing.
• Skills to be creative take initiative and have a strong work ethic.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (transcripts) upon request
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 12 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...