Ashford University has an opportunity available that allows you to work with students from the time they submit their application until their final day walking across the stage at commencement. The Associate University Registrar role plays a critical factor in our student’s entire lifecycle from admissions, class registration, monitoring academic progress and ensuring our students meet their degree requirements. Are you up for the challenge?
The Associate University Registrar position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Office of the Registrar plays a lead role in the registration and retention of students from admission through graduation. The Associate Registrar works in conjunction with the University Registrar to ensure consistent and integrated management of on-campus student programs.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintains student information and records.
• Develops and produces the schedule of classes and classroom schedule, and other related functions to provide efficient and effective registration services for Ashford University traditional and accelerated on-campus students.
• Ensures the integrity of the Campus academic and student record keeping and reporting.
• Develops systems that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the registration process.
• Provides recommendations on and enforces academic policies that affect regulatory compliance, student enrollment, retention and graduation and provides internal customer services for faculty and staff.
• Is responsible for ensuring that the development, implementation, planning, reporting, and operations of student records and registration initiatives are managed in an integrated manner and as part of a student-centered service process.
• Works closely with members of the admission, academic, student services, and athletics departments to facilitate inclusive student recruitment and retention efforts in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Must have the ability to work with the educational needs of a diverse population of traditional and adult students.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Additional duties as assigned
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: This competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: This leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: This competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint applications.
• Proficient in database contact management applications and contact management strategies.
• Strong computer proficiency and technology and systems operations abilities, including experience with student information systems.
• Flexible hours based on student needs.
• A minimum of five years of experience in a Registrar’s office or closely related area, with three years supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of higher education recruitment, retention and graduation strategies.
• Experience managing student satisfactory academic progress; athletic eligibility; attendance and census reporting.
• Experience and current knowledge of regulatory affairs and compliance as it relates to academic affairs and student records policies and procedures; including regional accreditation, U.S. Department of Education (title IV), and state and local laws, and “best practices” in higher education.
• Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Registrar’s Office or related area.
• Experience with data analysis, interpretation, and data-based decision making.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong management, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...