Position: Campus Recruiter
Reports to: Corporate Recruiter
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: January 2013
This position is primarily responsible for partnering with hiring managers to ensure the company is hiring the right candidates for open positions.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement, and execute campus recruiting strategy. This includes developing a sound event calendar at various campuses, building relationships with schools, students, hiring managers, and career services.
2. Coordinate all the back-end logistics for campus recruiting events.
3. Plan, oversee, and execute summer/coop intern programs. Identify top students early in the season, manage all the interview logistics, convert offers into hires, and manage the program once students are on-boarded.
4. Partner with hiring manager to develop recruitment strategies to identify key talent. Screen, phone interview, and present candidate profile summaries to hiring manager for candidates who meet the required needs and qualifications. Assist hiring manager with scheduling interviews and timely follow-up with candidates.
5. Promote the companys brand and image on targeted college campuses. Conduct the initial screening on campus to determine suitability and interest and educate college candidates on the company and our opportunities. Implement sourcing strategies to identify talented candidates, paying particular attention to diversity initiatives.
6. Ensure all steps of recruitment cycle are being followed and complete all administration functions of the recruitment process. Provide regular reporting on recruitment activity and project updates as requested by management.
7. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Foster a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Demonstrates alignment with H. D. Smith values, mission, and strategy.
Bachelor's degree with one year recruitment experience or equivalent combination of experience in human resources management and recruitment.
Strong computer skills and ability to work within Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and perform Internet research.
Outstanding verbal and written communication, organization, multi-tasking, and follow though skills.
Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements, knowledge of immigration laws and processes a plus.
Equipment to be Used
General office equipment.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires 10-finger dexterity to use and operate all office equipment.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
May require occasional travel, including air travel.
Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point.
Must be able to accurately code data, knowledgeable in office procedures, and answer questions in a professional and friendly manner.
Must be able to balance accounts and compile computer reports.
Must be able to make effective decisions in managers absence.
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written material, and articulate goals and action plans.
Requires working in office setting.
Dress code is business casual or professional as situation dictates.
H. D. Smith is one of the largest, national wholesale distributors, with services and solutions for manufacturers and healthcare providers....