Campus Reps report to the Campus Rep Program Manager in Education Sales Operations. This position is responsible for executing program initiatives on a local, College or University campus level to increase Apple adoption and drive sales through Education Sales Channels.
Work with the campus account team to identify strategic opportunities on campus to increase student and faculty adoption of Apple products. Execute initiatives as assigned by the Campus Rep Program in conjunction with best-fit opportunities identified on campus or strategic direction from the account team
Establish and maintain positive relationships with partners on campus, which may include an Apple Authorized Campus Store, student organizations, and other influential groups or individuals
Be able to provide hands-on product demos, assess customer needs, overcome obstacles, and recommend appropriate Apple solutions to students, faculty, and staff on campus
Complete weekly reports back to the Campus Rep Program detailing activities executed on campus
Document best-practices in conjunction with Program Coordinator and share successes through team meetings, podcast creation, and online interactions with Campus Rep peers
To drive sales while adding value in an academic environment
Campus Rep activities will be done in coordination with the efforts of the local Education Apple Team, Campus Rep Program Team and may involve working with an Authorized Apple Campus Store with a goal of increasing sales to individuals on campus. Campus Reps are also responsible for the sharing of best-practices with the Program team and amongst peers to support further program development.
To be successful, the Campus Rep will work with the Campus Rep Program team and field account team to tailor Campus Rep Program initiatives to the campus-specific opportunities in-line with the local account strategy.
The ideal candidate is well connected with groups and organizations on the campus which they attend, has previous customer service experience, experience with or knowledge of Apple products, strong verbal and written communication skills, is self-motivated, and has a strong record of success in leadership roles in previous work or academic activities.
The successful candidate will have a documented record of success in academic and/or previous sales experience, as well as the ability to meet the following requirements and possess the following attributes:
- Ability to commit to working 10-15 hours per week on campus for the full ten-month term beginning from January 21, 2013 or date of hire through December 6, 2013.
- Proven history and skills in engaging with peers as a leader
- Commitment to executing against guidelines to protect brand and program integrity
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – including formal presentation and training skills
- Interpersonal savvy when interacting with internal employees, external customers, and virtual team members
- Light overnight travel 1-2 times per year to attend and support Campus Rep Regional Meetings
- Ability to work independently in a self-motivated manner with little supervision to complete on-campus tasks and consistently report back to the program
- Planning, organization and implementation skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Highly motivated to achieve
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with...