Under the general supervision of the Director of Campus Safety, the Campus Safety Officer (CSO) is a member of a team of campus safety specialists responsible for providing personal safety for members of the university community through a proactive, courteous, and professional manner. This position provides a highly visual deterrent to campus crime through a variety of means including vehicle and foot patrols while protecting the property and assets of the university. This position could be assigned to work on each of the three shifts (day shift, evening shift, or overnight shift) or overlap two shifts. Weekends and special details as required.
- Provides security for persons, buildings, and assets of the university through a variety of security techniques and methods
- Responds to requests for assistance and information in a helpful and courteous manner
- Patrols the grounds and facilities of the university in a manner consistent with Departmental SOP and University Policy
- Enforce appropriate university regulations and policies including, but not limited to parking and traffic regulations
- Routine involvement in directing vehicular or pedestrian traffic in a variety of situations
Park University has an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employees and dependents.
- ing other designated CSO’s in their campus law enforcement duties
High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred
Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable
Prior security experience preferred
The ability to demonstrate good judgment in enforcing university regulations and security policies and practices, while maintaining confidentiality in all campus safety matters
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing - through security reports, complaint and witness statements, and in assisting and providing general information to the university community and visitors
- High degree of tact and diplomacy dealing with the university community under a variety of difficult situations. This position requires the incumbent to provide helpful general information to the community and in other situations when "instructions" may have to be given to violators of university regulations
- Sensitivity toward the cultural diversity of the campus community
- 24/7 “on-call” availability for emergencies
- Park University requires consent and successful completion of a background screening. Full disclosure of all felony and/or misdemeanor violations is required. Any convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Ability and willingness to work a full 40 hour schedule with availability for overtime. Physically fit to withstand the challenges of extensive walking and climbing and descending numerous interior and external stairs and campus grounds including multi-level building facilities, commercial underground tunnel system and all adjoining Park University owned land
- Must have the ability to walk for extended periods, climb stairs and ladders, see, hear, smell, feel and taste, reach upward, move heavy objects. Must be able to operate a University motor vehicle. Must be capable of responding in emergency situations including providing basic first-aid
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Park University - 11 months ago
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...