This position contributes to the mission of the organization by providing leadership and technical guidance to develop and increase the impact of MTI training competency; advising the development and use of health/medical learning needs assessment and curricula with staff and volunteer teaching teams; developing Primary Health Care training capacity for staff and partners; and expanding the capacity of MTI to manage knowledge as part of a learning organization.
- Collaborate with Programs field and HQ managers and Program Quality and Evaluation to identify training needs and support regional groups, Dental and Emergency Response to develop, implement and evaluate training plans.
- Identify, develop, disseminate and track learning opportunities (including in-service training for Program staff and volunteers). Advise on appropriate curricula.
- Develop e-learning modules for core competencies.
- Establish mechanisms to enhance MTI’s capacity as a learning organization. Reinforce digital library, sharing of best practices, publication of case studies/best practices, evaluations and disseminating learning.
- Ensure non-formal and/or formal education methodologies for adult learners are incorporated into training events as appropriate.
- Advise on evaluation and reporting of training events and services. Collaborate with Human Resources.
- Identify and implement web-based e-learning opportunities to increase access to knowledge and skill development.
- In response to field partner and volunteer needs, oversee identification and/or development of training needs assessment tools and standardized curricula with teaching methodology that meet best practices, is culturally relevant and reproducible, and appropriate to the local technology.
- Advise Regions on development, preparation, and evaluation of training PPS’ and teams.
- Identify or develop and disseminate tools and other resources including web-based e-learning opportunities to support volunteers in areas of training, group facilitation and curricula development.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be eligible to work in the United States and possess a current visa.
- Master’s degree in a related field such as Education, Adult Learning or Public Health.
- Valid passport
- Minimum five years progressive responsibility in a similar capacity.
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to adult education and training.
- Experience in training/facilitating and building capacity of diverse colleagues,
- Experience in curriculum design and evaluation.
- Proven understanding of health and medical relief and development interventions.
- Solid familiarity with web-based learning capacities and opportunities.
- Experience in establishing knowledge management systems in organizations.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 15% of time.
- Strong organizational, vision, project planning and implementation, and team-building skills.
- Excellent problem solver, a self-starter, ability to work independently, detail oriented.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word in order to write attractive and user-friendly materials.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing .
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Candidates must complete an acceptable Background Check as part of the hiring process with Medical Teams International
Medical Teams International - 6 months ago