Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
What do you want your next job to accomplish? Next Street was founded in 2005 on an idea: to equip urban business owners and nonprofit leaders with the same level of talent that Wall Street, Madison Avenue, and the elite management consultancies provide to Fortune 500 CEOs. Our clients are successful organizations with revenue of $5 million to $100 million. We connect the dots at every level and in multiple industries to create a network that sustains small business growth and wealth creation in America’s inner cities. We deliver game-changing impact to our “urban blue chip” clients, getting them to the next level and unleashing the power of enterprise to create jobs in the communities that need them most. We look for people who combine significant experience in their field at large organizations with a passion for building small companies in urban markets: people who love cities, love business, and thrive on challenge.
Next Street recently launched a strategic alliance with the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC), America’s leading think-tank on the urban economy. By co-locating together, Next Street and ICIC are better equipped to advance their own missions and drive economic prosperity in the inner city.
No matter the position, you will work with talented, committed professionals in finance, strategic business planning, talent management, recruiting, and marketing. This unique integrated service model gives us the ability to finance and implement the growth solutions we propose. Every member of our team will tell you that this is enormously satisfying work.
Under the supervision of the Director of Talent Management, the Capacity Building Program Manager is responsible for managing a business vertical around creating and delivering capacity building programs for small business owners. The primary responsibility initially will be planning, coordinating, tracking, and implementing programs related to Next Street's contract with agencies within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, New York, Chicago, and other cities, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage training requirements in support of program goals, objectives and schedules; work with supervisor and delivery team to identify areas/content in need of improvement
- Manage communication and coordination with external stakeholders, including state contacts, delivery partners, and other resource organizations
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-discipline delivery team within Next Street, including Strategy, Talent and Agency practice areas, using formal project management techniques and tools, including project plans, status updates, and communication plans
- Develop business requirements, workflows, vendor and partner assessments, training programs, and/or other deliverables in the program based on needs and expertise
- Routinely monitor project to assess and adjust in response to project developments, communicate project status, and present updates and findings on formal and informal basis
- Identify and engage delivery partners where gaps exist in Next Street capabilities or skills
- Ensure that all projects have measurable outcomes based on effective metrics; conduct follow up with participants to ensure metrics are recorded
- Demonstrate an ability to readily master new business content based on project needs; employ this subject matter expertise in managing project content
- Demonstrate a willingness and proficiency for involvement at a high level, managing the overall project, while providing “hands on” assistance in specific project deliverables
- Proven experience with MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint or like software
In addition to a passion for the work we do, candidates should have:
- Bachelor degree required; MBA or MS are preferred as is experience working with government agencies
- Experience working within or with the small business community is required
- Experience developing and delivering training programs is preferred
- 5 to 7 years of related experience working in a complex business environment preferred
- Strong project management, process flow, and organizational skills critical
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and a high degree of initiative
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff, managers, and various stakeholders required
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and collaborate with many individuals/stakeholders required
- Proven track record of meeting project deadlines/deliverables with successful outcomes. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced business environment
Why Next Street?
Next Street is the right company for you if you want to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good in an environment that is fast-paced and intense with a commitment to doing what is right for our clients. You will have direct contact with our clients and the opportunity to contribute to their growth. We are a meritocracy, and career progress is determined by your contribution to our clients and Next Street as a whole.
- A demonstrated capacity for teamwork as well as a flair for entrepreneurial innovation
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and take initiative
- Willingness to work beyond conventional hours and locations, as our clients do
- Comfort with a “flat,” multi-disciplinary structure without the insulation of business “silos”
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of one’s position in the organization
- The maturity to work productively inside a client organization as well as our own
What we provide to our clients is unavailable to small business owners in any marketplace:
- A breadth and depth of relevant experience which transcends their own
- The ability to adapt and solve for almost any challenge that confronts them
- Connections to institutions that can help them get hard things done
- Objective counsel from an outsider—with an inside knowledge of their company
This is Next Street: a merchant bank for the urban enterprise.
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Next Street Financial - 22 months ago