Posting Job Title: Capacity Management Analyst
Requisition #: 146131BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a/an Capacity Manager for our Voice Operations and Implementation Services Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Provide analysis, solution and recommendations for Voice and Wireless network capacity issues across the TWC network. Motivated individual will need to be able to develop quality working relationships with TWC corporate, regional and vendor entities supporting deployment of TWC hardware
Essential Job Functions:
Individual to be tactically oriented, able to execute under pressure independently or in a team setting with a targeted focus toward positive results in support of customers' requirements. The primary function of the role is support of TWC Voice & Wireless hardware capacity management.
Person must be able to trend, analyze, forecast and plan the following:
- Performs capacity analysis of all network resources including equipment, ports, codes, and IP addresses; Monitoring, analyzing, tuning recommendations, and pushing resources to make necessary changes in utilization
- Works with Business Units on facilities forecasts and models and determining facilities augments or build out
- Conducts analysis identifying trends and patterns that allow to optimize call routing
- Performs various tasks related to traffic measuring and reporting on the transport and trunking networks
- Applies audit knowledge to assist other groups in general business analysis and data processing
- Managing demand for hardware resources, which requires an understanding of business priorities
- Modeling to simulate infrastructure performance and understand future resource needs
- Application sizing to ensure required service levels can be met
- Producing a capacity plan that documents current utilization and forecasted requirements, as well as support costs for new applications or releases
- Building the annual infrastructure growth plan with input from other teams
- Supports Voice Operations, Engineering and other groups as needed
- Capital expenses as it relates to the areas of responsibility
- Possess proficient working knowledge of telecom, and wireless networks and subsequent hardware supporting that network.
- Ability to communicate across intra and inter-company boundaries stating requirements needed in support of their customer requirements, many of which incorporate multiple vendor platforms.
- Must be able to forecast, negotiate, order and install network circuit capacity for all divisions supported by assigned region. Ensure that the regional hardware is installed or on order to support network requirements.
- Manage vendors on delivery timelines and provide concise, clear updates to senior management on milestones achieved, resetting expectations when needed.
- Ability to eloquently communicate to senior staff in both verbal communications and the written word. Attention to detail is a requirement in our communications to ensure that parties being communicated to have a clear, concise understanding of what is being requested of them.
- 3+ years experience in a network capacity management or Telecom business analysis role
- Proven technical and analytical skills using Microsoft Excel and Access
- Basic understanding of Telecommunications business and concepts
- At least basic understanding of SQL and databases
- Detail oriented, organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and focus on business issues
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 11 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...