Istonish is a minority owned, privately-held, award-winning business enterprise, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices located in Texas, Minnesota, and Wyoming. When you join Istonish, you become a part of the team dedicated to delivering outstanding technical and customer service to our clients.
Our client located in Madison, Wisconsin, has an 8 month contract opportunity for a strong Capacity Planner.
Contractors in this role have the opportunity to learn about a wide variety of technologies such as applications, network, middleware, servers, storage, and application/scripting languages. The experiences gained in this assignment can help prepare candidates for future roles such as application testers, quality assurance specialists, and architects.
Hours and start time:
The specific duties of this position include:
- Flexible daily start time between 7:00am and 9:00am
1. Collect, analyze, and report on key application and system
performance metrics for both production systems and performance
2. Gather and analyze application performance metrics using tools such
as Best/1 "Performance Analyzer for Servers" and "Performance
Assurance for Servers" as well as customized solutions.
3. Consult with application architects/designers/testers to
create/improve the application performance testing processes and
4. Create in-depth and lightweight application performance studies as
well as post-production analysis.
5. Assist with application triage situations.
The specific skills needed for this position are:
1. Strong Capacity Planning experience
1. Excellent verbal and written communication
2. Ability to understand how applications make use of infrastructure and
the key performance metrics of those systems and components
3. Familiarity with a wide range of technologies such as web services,
servers, virtualization, JVM, messaging, storage, network, and
4. Organizational Skills
5. Attention to Detail
We help you do more with less.
Technology can be complicated. But, what we do for our clients is simple. Istonish helps you accomplish...