AUTHORITY: The Capillary Electrophoresis Analyst/Chemist receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Technical Service Manager or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory. The Analyst/Chemist has the authority to stop work in the event that a nonconformity is discovered.
The adherence to the quality management system by the Analyst is accountable to the Technical Service Manager, Business Unit Manager, Quality Manger, Quality Control Supervisor.
OVERALL OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITES :
1. Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g. Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
2. Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory (cGMP, GLP), and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
3. Adhere to all health, safety and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work, maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
4. Perform timely and accurate analysis of samples to meet customer commitments, including but not limited to, preparing samples for analysis, using appropriate analytical methods and techniques, and applying appropriate data reduction.
5. Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes; record test data and results for samples in notebook or worksheet, and enter the data or results into eLIMS in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Perform chemical analysis on client samples using capillary electrophoresis techniques, as well as other techniques as requested.
7. Communicate with client service staff to assist with identification of client needs, problems and quote recommendations.
8. Assist in planning resource allocation to ensure project timelines are met.
9. Maintain clean glassware and prepare solutions for use in the daily testing of assigned samples.
10. Identify method/matrix/analytical difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
11. Ensure proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employed except as approved in writing by the Business Unit Manager or appointed designate.
12. Perform instrument operation qualifications and preventive maintenance procedures as directed.
13. Maintain the chemical inventory in accordance with the company policy.
14. Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff and co-workers.
15. Remain current on technical, industry and business advancements and trends as suggested by supervisor.
16. Recommend more accurate or efficient laboratory equipment or procedures
17. Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes inter-department employees.
18. Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers .
19. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Responsive problem solver and action oriented.
Initial Education Background:
Bachelor’s degree in Science or related field, and 1-3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Laboratory setting that involves glassware, hazardous chemicals, and others working in close proximity.
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of...