Capital Equipment Procurement Specialist
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our team to support Capital Equipment Procurement Team at our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. This position will report to the US Capital Equipment Procurement Manager and will be responsible for data analysis, reporting and executing sourcing strategies for Capital Equipment in alignment with global strategy.
Specific Duties Include:
- Act as the first contact point for internal customers for Capital Equipment commodities
- Act as the primary interface to local supplier organizations; ensure local supplier development, cooperation and partnership.
- Support internal customers, Industrial Engineering and Finance in case of escalations related to supply issues, purchase order and payment execution
- Identification of and collaboration with key business stakeholders to determine critical product specifications and requirements
- Extensive understanding of local and global supply markets to identify opportunities and determine potential sources of supply; collaboration with peers to identify and adopt demonstrated best practices
- Ensure proper contract coverage together with Regional Management and Global Sourcing Management and negotiate contract agreements with suppliers to drive best total value for GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- Participate in Supplier Performance Ratings, perform benchmarking, spend and commodity analysis to develop deep understanding of local supply environment and to Sourcing Strategy
- Support of the PO processing – issuing, tracking and controlling of Capital Equipment POs and coordination and distribution of feedback and change requests
- Assist in the development of business analysis to drive meaningful changes in process, supplier or material as appropriate to meet sourcing strategy and business objectives
- Initiate equipment commodity sourcing activities and evaluate competitive proposals from Suppliers to identify cost saving opportunities and supply risk and work closely with the Sourcing Team on
- supplier/equipment selection
- Perform and close site specific negotiations and participate in global negotiations in alignment with the Global Sourcing Team
- Develop project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones. Implement data analyses, process disciplines and management systems necessary to achieve desired results
- Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
- Support and drive Data Integrity and Controlling Mechanisms to provide and assure a continuous and sustainable Controlling-Systems
- Perform sourcing, cost and saving reporting as well as spend analysis and controlling of activities against the planned figures.
- Analyze and control contractual agreements to prepare renegotiations, initiate appropriate measures and guarantee supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to drive Strategy Development, Contract Management, Supplier Performance and Risk Management, Market Intelligence and Industry Trend Monitoring for the assigned Commodity
- Demonstrated leadership and growth potential
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Negotiation skills, talent and abilities in building strong relationships internally and externally and potential to influence Business Owners at all Levels to use Procurement and Strategic Sourcing capabilities.
- Ability to lead projects / project management, influencing and convincing customers, presentation skills and selling the value proposition of Global Supply Management
- Exceptional interpersonal and team skills with excellent communication skills/written and verbal
- Co-op or Intern Experience in Supply Chain field
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry
- MS or MBA degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration
- Experience with SAP or Oracle and standard MS Office Applications especially MS Excel
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Capital Equipment Commodities including Spares, Consumables and Maintenance
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).