Capital Markets Associate
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. (“Aequitas Capital”), with over $500 million in assets under management, is a credit-focused investment management firm that builds income-producing alternative investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients. With our lending and fund management platform, we focus on high yielding strategies within education, healthcare and private credit.
The Capital Markets Analyst or Associate works with the EVP of Finance, CFO and with the VP of Portfolio Management to build out Aequitas’ capital markets, trading function. In this position he/she will be responsible for following, interpreting and reporting on capital markets developments and recent transactions applicable to Aequitas’ business. Regular activities include financial modeling, capital market and transaction analysis, cash management and forecast, supporting trading activities and structuring of new capital market deployment transactions. The Capital Markets Analyst or Associate also supports the sales and business development function of Aequitas in their respective capital raising efforts as well as is an internal resource to Aequitas’ accounting department.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Attend management meetings and provide analytical support as necessary
- Work on various capital deployment opportunities by providing support through financial modeling and assisting in transaction structuring and pricing
- Support portfolio managers in their respective trading activities
- Support the EVP Finance, CFO in assessing and hedging risks, in particular interest rate risks
- Provide weekly capital markets’ analysis briefing
- Manage internal reporting of revenues and operating plan objectives
- Make frequent updates to customer data stored in company database
- Provide ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
BS/BA in Finance or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Experience with financial statement preparation is preferred
- Proficiency with Bloomberg and/or other capital markets’ information systems is preferred
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM database a plus
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3-7 years of experience. Financial Services industry strongly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate advanced Excel capabilities
- Ability and initial experience to follow and interpret capital markets’ news and data
- Ability to understand and analyze balance sheets, income statements, statement of cash flows and other pro forma financial statements
- Ability to understand and interpret financials from a variety of different industries
- Experience with capital markets transactions and products, preferably gained on the fixed income side, e.g. loans, securitizations, private placements, mezzanine and/or bond offerings
- Experience working with capital markets’ participants, such as banks, funds, etc
- Understanding of basic hedging concepts and structures
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately multi-task
- Ability to complete multiple projects on time and with minimal supervision, which often serve different departments and contain conflicting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with, present to, and influence executive level management
- Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
- W illingness to uphold the philosophies outlined in The Aequitas Way
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Occasional travel, with advanced notice, may be required
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Aequitas Capital offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as an employer-match 401(k) plan.
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...