Do you enjoy managing a project from start to finish? Have you demonstrated success in continuous improvement? This may be the position for you!
We are looking for an experienced Capital Project Engineer who will be an integral team member responsible for the hands-on development of biological production process equipment at our Cedar Rapids facility. Your responsibilities will include:
You are results driven with the following:
- Lead and execute capital engineering projects that align with plant strategies.
- Work with third-party engineering companies and suppliers to develop bid sets, drawings, and scopes of work for new projects.
- Lead site minor project program and communicate spending to divisional leadership.
- Create and manage capital expenditure request documentation and budget.
- Utilization of capital project process â€“ including equipment design, equipment purchasing, management of change documentation, and construction management.
- Support continuous improvement efforts and new technology introductions to the plant, interfacing with others in the company.
- Work with plant teams to define and implement technical solutions to mechanical system problems.
- Work with global team to develop and implement best practices for capital projects.
- Certified technical education in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of project engineering experience desired, particularly in industrial/biochemical processing
- Knowledge of sterile and sanitary design principles desired
- Self-starter with good organizational and communication skills
- Effective in a multi-disciplinary team driven envrionment
- Understanding of process safety management principles
- Proven project management skills
- Some travel required
Danisco - 18 months ago